Tuesday 3 July 2012

Students hard at work decorating their clay sculptures...

I thought that I would include some photos of the students hard at work on their clay tribal masks to help show the process that they went through to make them.  In these photos the students have received their clay sculptures out of the kiln and the clay has been bisque fired.  They are at the painting and decorating stage and are using a wide variety of materials.  I encouraged the students to think about what unusual things they could add for hair, jewellery, etc and in my example I used a spray painted mop head for the hair, which rather looks like dredlocks!
grrreat

I often feel that the best part of a project is when you are in the thick of it, and not necessarily finishing something off.  I think that these photos show lots of creativity and happy students, which is always really good to see when you are a teacher!

The finished masks are featured here.






No comments: