Monday 2 July 2012

Charcoal Eyes



Oh dear!  The last time I put anything up on my blog was in December last year....7 months ago!  I've been a bit busy with settling into life in Australia and starting a new job you see, so please forgive me if you are a follower.

In February this year I started teaching Art and Textiles at a lovely all girls school. The students are very lovely and I've really enjoyed settling into the school and getting to know my classes over the last few months.  All in all, it has been extremely busy semester. 

These eye drawings were done by some students in my year 9 &10 class this semester.  They used charcoal and white chalk and looked at M.C.Escher's 'Eye of Death' (which they loved).  I think that they look fantastic on display together, as visually, a big wall of eyes is very impressive.

With two weeks off for school holidays, one of my goals is to share some more wonderful student work here, so here goes.................

No comments: